Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 3909 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Facebook
« on: April 02, 2019, 02:35:27 PM »

Hi All,

Can you explain this please, I've been on FB for quite a while now but about two months ago when I open Home page or Nes Feed all I see is Welcome to Facebook, lets get started!

I've attached a snip .

Peter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »

Is it always like that or just occasionally?  It does it for me from time to time, but usually corrects later in the day.

If it is permanent, check your news feed preferences and also make sure you have not accidentally unfollowed all of your friends.

To do this click the three dots ... next to News Feed to expand the options for the type of feed you wish to see.
To check if you have accidentally unfollowed friends -  click on the Edit Preferences option and then from the menu that pops up > Click "Reconnect with people and groups you've unfollowed".
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »

Thanks Kitz,

At the moment all is well, sometimes notifications are there other times it treats me like a new member, it's not a big problem I am just cutious to know if others have the same  (minor) problem.

Regards,

Peter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 08:54:10 PM »

Glad it's ok now.   There was a period a few weeks or so ago when quite a few people's feed was showing as empty, so wonder if it was the same occasion.   I didn't really notice how long it was down for me for, just that it was ok again later that evening. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 04:09:48 PM »

I've been seeing this now and cannot seem to clar it. All my friends and pages I've followed are still there. So far no way to get back to how it was.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 05:16:47 PM »

I have just seen and update posted by an extension I use called Fluff Busting Purity which cleans up Facebook which explains that for those like me who use the Most Recent sort option on News Feed  Facebook have this issue, and it's one they don't want to change because they want users to use Top Stories which is where they can add their junk like adverts etc to your feed. They seem to be truncating the feed if you use Most Recent and only show any post which has happened since you last looked. Also if your Most recent works where it does not always show posts in chronological order, again deliberately. In my option Top Stories is useless as when I just tried it I was seeing posts from days ago and had to trawl through loads to find anything from today.

Bottom line here is Facebook want you to use it the way they want. They seem to be doing anything they can to force their will on users by making all the other useful options fail in some way!

Stuart
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:22:01 PM by broadstairs »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 01:01:18 AM »

I also use FBP. 
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »

It's doing it again today and appears to have lost all association with any of my friends, groups or apps. :(
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »

That's what I see but when I click on Home it shows my friends OK. I think this is deliberate to try and stop folks using both FBP and Most Recent.

Stuart

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »

I think they had some sort of outage yesterday.   I saw lots of my friends mentioning that they weren't able to either access their feed or login. :(
-----