Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel VMG1312-B10 - Upgrade firmware from ABDS to AAXA  (Read 2690 times)

fatihso

• Just arrived
Zyxel VMG1312-B10 - Upgrade firmware from ABDS to AAXA
« on: March 29, 2019, 07:18:10 PM »

Hello guys, I m looking for some help if you could give me a hand.

I was using ABDS version of firmware and somehow I managed to upgrade it to AAXA but then I had to send unit to repair and they downgraded back to 5.11 ABDS version.

Things I did were to use same 5.11 version of AAXA over ABDS after hard resetting modem then proceed with latest firmware (Otherwise it was refusing with illegal image error), So I had V5.13 AAXA.7 C0 installed properly by that time, .8 came up later on.

Now I can't use any AAXA version to upgrade again, no matter how I try. It keeps telling me illegal image.

Could someone help with me it, please?

Current Firmware on unit is V5.13(ABDS.7)C0
I want to upgrade to 5.13(AAXA.8)C0

I want to try Dslstats as well, it logins properly but does not retrieve data. Could not find extra information on internet about properly setting it up for 1312-b10d, tried different cli options from submenu. I'm not expert in that branch.
Thank you and looking forward for your replies.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:23:54 PM by fatihso »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Zyxel VMG1312-B10 - Upgrade firmware from ABDS to AAXA
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 09:21:00 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

I suspect you will have to open up the case, connect to the serial console header pins and then interrupt to boot process to get to the CFE> prompt.

At the CFE> prompt --
  • Issue an ATHE command to see a list of available commands.
  • Issue an ATCD command to clear the ROM-D partition. (That is where an ISPs custom configurations are saved.)
  • Issue an ATSH command to see the manufacturer related data stored in the NVRAM.
  • Issue an ATSR command to reboot the device.
Having allowed the device to boot normally, attempt to update the firmware image via the GUI.

I think that should do the job . . . but as I do not own a VMG1312-B10D, with which I could check, the above has not been verified.

Good luck.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:43:43 AM »

As b*cat has suggested you may well have to go down the serial interface connection route to gain full access to your 1312-B10D, I had to adopt this method with this model which I acquired S/H from e-bay, the saga is in this rather long thread:
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,22543.msg384263.html#msg384263

BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »

Hello guys, I m looking for some help if you could give me a hand.

I was using ABDS version of firmware and somehow I managed to upgrade it to AAXA but then I had to send unit to repair and they downgraded back to 5.11 ABDS version.

Things I did were to use same 5.11 version of AAXA over ABDS after hard resetting modem then proceed with latest firmware (Otherwise it was refusing with illegal image error), So I had V5.13 AAXA.7 C0 installed properly by that time, .8 came up later on.

Now I can't use any AAXA version to upgrade again, no matter how I try. It keeps telling me illegal image.

Could someone help with me it, please?

Current Firmware on unit is V5.13(ABDS.7)C0
I want to upgrade to 5.13(AAXA.8)C0

I want to try Dslstats as well, it logins properly but does not retrieve data. Could not find extra information on internet about properly setting it up for 1312-b10d, tried different cli options from submenu. I'm not expert in that branch.
Thank you and looking forward for your replies.

Have you tried downloading to 5.11?

Is this the firmware you are using?

ftp://ftp.zyxel.com.tr/ZYXEL_URUNLERI/MODEMLER/VDSL_MODEMLER/VMG1312-B10D/Firmware/KANAL/

fatihso

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 07:16:06 PM »

Hello guys and thanks for the replies, my unit is bought from a retailer and not branded/locked by any ISP.

I am not sure if i can reboot into that mode(Recovery/Debug?), never done that before. However, I was able to make a transition from ABDS to AAXA tinkering with multiple firmware files, that's not happening anymore since unit is returned from repair center. Maybe they locked the device in a way?

Also, yes I was using a firmware from that link but then Zyxel support shared me a newer one and it is at the link below:

https://webstore.zyxel.eu/index.php/s/Ncp5jnbk7LDB7eo

I'm not sure why they are not publishing the latest firmware in ABDS variance.

Thanks again for the replies.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:18:44 PM by fatihso »