Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ASUS DSL AC68U with HG612 (3B)  (Read 1276 times)

jackr1

• Just arrived
ASUS DSL AC68U with HG612 (3B)
« on: March 25, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »

Hi all,

Firstly this is a great site and I should have signed up earlier. I’ve tried my best to follow some guides with no luck (most probably something I’m doing wrong)

So I’ve got an ASUS DSL AC68U which I keep loosing internet connection, it says it’s discconrcted when it’s not, which seems to be a common problem?

Long story cut short. I’ve tried using it as a Wireless router only by setting the Ethernet 4 as my wan port and issuing the hg612 modem which I flashed. It seemed to work for a few hours then dropped out again.

Is there an idiots guide to set these two up (or even just the one) I feel like I’ve tried everything.

I’m stilling learning the stuff so not to techie on broadband stuff but I give it a try!

I’m on BT fibre (FTTC) and when using the HH5/6 the internet stays connected which must mean my line is ok!!

Thanks for any help in advanced will be greatly appreciated !

Jack

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: ASUS DSL AC68U with HG612 (3B)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:49:02 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

Assuming you have correctly followed the guide to flashing the latest unlocked firmware onto the HG612 then there is nothing more that needs to be done with that device.

I suspect your problem may originate with the Asus DSL AC86U . . . a device with which I am not familiar. I know that there are other people who have successfully used (are successfully using) that device as just a wireless router and so I'm sure that some advice will shortly be forthcoming.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.