Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTC DSLAM  (Read 10763 times)

michty_me

• Reg Member
Re: FTTC DSLAM
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 12:26:04 AM »

That looks a lot of work!! I hope you don't get your hopes up too much Max!

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 12:52:22 AM »

The new cabinet 9 is too close to the lamp post how will they manage to open the right side door? Cabinet should have moved abit further left away from the right side lamp post. Cabinet 9 is my parents g.fast but they will not getting g.fast because over 600m away.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:54:23 AM by adslmax »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 08:45:19 AM »

The door will open to 90 degree's, and the lamp post should not affect the g.fast cabinet door. It may make it a little bit awkward for the engineers though.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »

Cabinet 9 all done. Next step is g.fast pod to be added on later this month. I think g.fast pod will be on the left side.

[attachment deleted by admin]

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 12:35:47 AM »

;D been told by openreach via this chat https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/chat-with-us that g.fast will go live in July 2019 but they say my property address will not be getting any g.fast because of over 300m away from the cabinet as g.fast are not available to my address. I ask them what next if there is no g.fast for my property? and they say it will rolling out full fibre FTTP by 2033. Meaning I have to wait for next 14 years for that to happen. Remain on FTTC.

You're within 300 metres of the cabinet according to the, many, GEA tests you've had Plusnet do.

Openreach have never announced plans to cover the entire UK by 2033 - that's a government target, not an Openreach one.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 02:44:59 AM »

Cabinet 9 all done. Next step is g.fast pod to be added on later this month. I think g.fast pod will be on the left side.

It will fit perfectly on the right also.
The lamppost is only in the way of the right hand PCP door. It still allows the door to open but looks like it might open just short of 90° but that won't be an issue.

G.Fast pods are much smaller and the door wouldn't open as far as the lamppost. The lamppost is slightly to the left anyway so plenty space for a pod on the right hand side.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 10:56:36 AM »

New Cabinet 6 all done. Next step is g.fast pod to be added later this month.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »

Cabinet 7 all done (next step is g.fast)
Cabinet 13 g.fast has fitted

(need cabinet 1, 6, 7 & 9 for g.fast pod fitted soon)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 08:31:38 PM »

New cabinet 9 has a new g.fast on the right side fitted now

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 11:40:37 AM »

You should start your own website devoted to the street furniture of Telford and surrounds.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2019, 11:37:32 AM »

G.Fast pod has now completed on cabinets 6,7,8,9 and 18. I think other area need more to be done for cabinets 1,2,3,4,5 & 17 for the Cuckoo Oak g.fast exchange.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2019, 06:10:08 PM »

I feel I should correct a few facts.
  • An Openreach technician (or engineer, it you wish) does not have access to the cabinet equipped with the electronics (i.e. the DSLAM). It would have been a member of the BT Operate division or a contractor working on BT Operate's
Hey Alan, long time no speak pal, hope you're well ??  :)

A heads-up .... we OR engineers do actually work in the DSLAM now if we have done a couple of on-line courses. Mainly, it's just to change/re-seat the filters ... or re-terminate the link cables on the IDC strips.

It made sense, rather than doing continual 'Lift & shifts', for such a simple and quick fix.  :)  [/list]

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2019, 10:31:22 PM »

Hi Black Sheep, welcome back, its been a while - hope you've been ok.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2019, 12:12:53 AM »

A heads-up .... we OR engineers do actually work in the DSLAM now if we have done a couple of on-line courses. Mainly, it's just to change/re-seat the filters ... or re-terminate the link cables on the IDC strips.

It made sense, rather than doing continual 'Lift & shifts', for such a simple and quick fix.  :) 

Thanks for the update.  :)

That certainly makes sense. For the big, Huawei equipped, cabinets you would only need to open the right-hand door . . . well away from the power supply. But for an ex-power person, such as yourself, I'm sure you could give a safe-working-practice training-course complete with details of what happens when a 1/4" copper pipe falls across the battery bus-bars!  :D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2019, 08:57:02 AM »

Thanks for the update.  :)

That certainly makes sense. For the big, Huawei equipped, cabinets you would only need to open the right-hand door . . . well away from the power supply. But for an ex-power person, such as yourself, I'm sure you could give a safe-working-practice training-course complete with details of what happens when a 1/4" copper pipe falls across the battery bus-bars!  :D

LOL. <shudders at the memory>.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

anything