Computers & Hardware > Networking

Win 8.1/10 Local Network Configuration

<< < (2/2)

tiffy:
@parkdale:

Many thanks for the link, will certainly have a look at EasyBCD.

I think my dual booting issues are arising from the BIOS mode in use, I was surprised to find that my new Ryzen 5 PC is actually using Legacy BIOS (as listed in Win. System Information) on the latest Gigabyte motherboard while my much older Packard Bell, i5 desktop PC is showing UEFI BIOS (again as listed in Win. System Information), would have expected this to be the other way around.

Suppose I'am in a good position to have a further play with dual booting (on 2 separate disks) with currently just a very minimal Win 10 installataion and no personal data installed on my old i5 desktop PC, loss of "bootability" would not be a major issue and recoverable without too much effort.

Chrysalis:
Sorry I meant the same workgroup, thats not removed.

The homegroup debacle is just another example of microsoft been a company that cannot make its mind up, it introduced it in windows 7 (so not that long ago only 2 windows versions ago) as the future of home networking and then retired it again in windows 10.  It is one of the reasons I dont adopt to new microsoft features easily as they have a nasty habit of retiring them in a short period of time (under 10 years).

https://www.lifewire.com/definition-of-workgroup-816285

Sorry for me been confused on the naming, its the older workgroup I use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version