Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: No broadband signal at the master socket number 2  (Read 2549 times)

Amitrajh

• Just arrived
No broadband signal at the master socket number 2
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:08:08 PM »

Hello,
Just joined the site and was not able to find an appropriate means of raising the issue I am facing, hence using this thread.

I have no broadband signal in one of my BT socket (which I think is my second Master socket) I have a NTE5 master socket in my hallway just at the enterence. All works fine from there. I also seem to have an extension socket further in the hallway which works fine. There is another connection in one of our bedrooms which I see is a wire taken from where the main connection (all from outside) directly in the 3rd bedroom. That socket is also  NTE5 and has only the White and Orange wores attached to the 2 screws (which I think are the A and B connection) I am trying to plug my broadband router via the assl filter in this socket and it is not working. There are 2 more wires in this socket- black and green which are not connected anywhere.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what could be the issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
A.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: No broadband signal at the master socket number 2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:15:44 AM »

Welcome to the forum's.

The socket in the bedroom is most likely a separate telephone line, if you plug a phone in does it work and if so do you get a number you recognise if you dial your mobile?

Ideally broadband should only work from the master socket, unless the other socket is a data extension. Extensions can cause signal reflections and decrease speed especially on VDSL.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:46:01 AM »

If you have a dial tone dialling 17070 will tell you the number.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:18:00 PM »

Its also generally recommended that only two wires are coming off the main master socket, as that third wire can also cause interference and reduce your speed, even AT the master socket.  Although you then have to double check your extension phones still ring.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors