Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sky Broadband UK Seek Full Fibre ISP Alliance with Openreach Rivals  (Read 1072 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/03/sky-broadband-uk-seek-full-fibre-isp-alliance-with-openreach-rivals.html

The CEO of Sky UK (Sky Broadband), Stephen van Rooyen, has written a letter to the heads of several alternative “full fibre” (FTTP) network ISPs, seemingly in the hope of opening talks that could result in new wholesale or other agreement to help “increase investment” and “bring ultrafast broadband to more homes.”

What do people think of this?

From my view I'm not sure how successful they are going to be. Why should FTTP network providers be signing any general agreement with Sky. What would be the benefit? Sky are going to probably use their network anyway. For such a big company Sky are showing how greedy it is by not investing in full fibre themselves, or at the very least picking a network provider already and investing in them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:04:42 AM by Bowdon »
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Sky Broadband UK Seek Full Fibre ISP Alliance with Openreach Rivals
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 12:14:04 AM »

they want a vodafone/cityfibre type deal i think, but they very late to the game

anything