Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

FTTPoD Quote

(1/6) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:
Just thought I would leave this here.

--- Quote ---We have now received the estimate of the charges from BT. These are detailed below.

Estimated Build Cost: £12,000.00 ex VAT   

The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 18

Please note that this is an estimated price based on network records. Openreach are not always able to provide an estimate in this way and a full survey may be required. Installation charges are only confirmed by a full survey once you place an order for the service.

Openreach estimate that the distance to the fibre aggregation node serving your premises is 1000 - 1499m. The distance to the aggregation node will have an effect on the installation price.

The build estimate includes a reduction for the number of premises passed as these would be able to obtain FTTP as a consequence of your build. Customers at these premises may submit a linked FTTPoD order to share the construction costs.
--- End quote ---

I'm now wondering where on the earth the node is, cabinet is about 200-250m away.

michty_me:
How do you go about getting a quote?

re0:

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on March 14, 2019, 07:50:41 PM ---Just thought I would leave this here.

I'm now wondering where on the earth the node is, cabinet is about 200-250m away.

--- End quote ---
The node is somewhere...  ;D But it can be much, much further away than your cabinet is. Funnily enough, distance and cost don't seem to correlate that well. My estimate I had was a bit more than yours, but there was no mention of distance on mine (in hindsight, I should have asked to satisfy any future curiosity).

--- Quote from: michty_me on March 14, 2019, 09:01:18 PM ---How do you go about getting a quote?

--- End quote ---
I do not know who Alex used to get a quote, but there are three that I know of:

* Amvia
* Cerberus
* FluidOneI have a feeling that FluidOne is or was for businesses only. Not sure anymore.

Bear in mind, the estimated build cost really is just an estimate that feels like it has been picked out of a hat sometimes. In order to get an accurate figure, you need to pay what I believe to be £250 exc. VAT for a survey (unless you choose to go ahead, then the survey charge will be deducted from the Excess Construction Charges).

I believe the information I have provided to be correct, unless something has changed since I last checked FTTPoD.

michty_me:
I've requested a quote from Cerberus so we will see what happens with that.
@Alex, There is a thread (Possibly not on here) that has a list of estimates vs desktop quotes. The vast majority of these quotes come in a lot lower than the estimate but as Reo states will cost £250+ to go to the desktop quote.

Ronski:
It is here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4612934-fttpod-desktop-quotes-and-final-prices-part-3.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version