Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

Is that G.Fast?

(1/4) > >>

adslmax:
I saw this morning there was openreach has installed new pod fitted to the street cabinet pcp (8) as these are my cabinet. I have asked them is that g.fast but they refused to tell me anything. I just checked DSL Checker there is no metion of G.Fast for my cabinet.

burakkucat:
Yes, Max. That is a G.Fast pod equipped with Huawei electronics.  :)

Bowdon:
OR have definately picked up pace with adding pods.

I noticed if you look on roadworks at OR jobs the code does have GFAST in, like someone else mentioned. It's usually listed as a re-shelling job.

niemand:
100% Huawei G.fast.

See if it sits idle for as long as the ones near here have - 20 months and counting. :lol:

re0:

--- Quote from: adslmax on March 13, 2019, 03:29:31 PM --- >:( :( I don't want G.Fast. I want FTTP. Damn u Openreach.

--- End quote ---
Beggers can't be choosers. If you want more speed and don't have the money to fund for full fibre, then it looks like you'll have to take G.fast.

--- Quote from: CarlT on March 13, 2019, 09:16:18 PM ---See if it sits idle for as long as the ones near here have - 20 months and counting. :lol:

--- End quote ---
Some in my area appear to have been enabled in around 6 months. Though, one of the first to be fitted still isn't enabled. Mine wasn't the last to be fitted, but I would wager there is a good chance it will be the last to be enabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version