Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Parking Fine, 'update' with good news .  (Read 1164 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Parking Fine, 'update' with good news .
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »

Our daughter parked at Ashford International railway station on Tuesday night paying up till midnight at the machine and then displayed the ticket in her car, she was taken out in London and that included Wine, so to be on the safe side decided not to drive back home and left her car in the station car park.
She used a on-line parking company before midnight (she has used before for that station) and paid for extra parking until midday the next day, but when she went to collect her car there was a parking ticket issued.  >:(

What is her best action to take.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:14:38 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Parking Fine
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »

It’s tempting to think it might have been an honest mistake, a warden on foot patrol saw the expired ticket and failed to check for the online extension?

Even so, rather than trying to settle it on a friendly basis,  the best thing to is probably to initiate the formal appeals process.   There’s usually a limited period in which to appeal, after which (if the appeal fails) the penalty increases, so she wants to have evidence that she acted promptly.

I’m wondering whether the car park might have a “no return in 30 minutes” or similar clause?   If so, could extending it that way, from paper ticket to online,  be treated as a “premature return”?

It’s a bit of a sore point with me.   I’d never had a parking ticket in my entire life, until last week, from a private parking operator.  Long story I think I could have appealed, as there was no proper signage.  But in the interests of keeping my stress levels down, I’m afraid I just paid up. :(

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »

I sent emails to there parking people and there Hs 1 CEO ('High Speed One' who run the station )  and just had a reply back to call them .  :D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 04:06:01 PM »

I can't believe that she can be the only person who has done something like that.

Would there be a “no return in 30 minutes” or similar clause on a long stay car park? I'd have thought that unlikely.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 06:40:33 PM »

I can't believe that she can be the only person who has done something like that.

Would there be a “no return in 30 minutes” or similar clause on a long stay car park? I'd have thought that unlikely.

Perhaps as way to extort payments from taxi drivers delivering/meeting passengers?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »

I had a PCN from our local council last year, the ticket said I was guilty of not clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket. Only problem for them, and which their own pictures proved was that I wasn't actually parked in the pay & display parking bays, nor were there any yellow lines, and even if there was yellow lines the PCN would still have been invalid. End result my appeal was upheld.

It's a bit different for tickmike's daughter as it's private property, but if you had a valid ticket/tickets then she should be fine, I suspect whoever issued the ticket was just going by what was displayed.

I found this site very useful http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php? at the time.

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »

My Daughter phone me with some good news that she went on the website and after putting her ticket details in it Had Been Cancelled   :yay:
So did they realise she had extended the stay on line ? or was it email I sent to the Hs1 CEO and parking Manager ?.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Parking Fine, 'update' with good news .
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 12:13:12 AM »

A good result.  :)  :dance:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Parking Fine, 'update' with good news .
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 08:18:52 PM »

:thumbs:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything