Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

New Connection

(1/2) > >>

Shakermaker:
Hi

I was wondering if someone could shed any light on the attached stats?

I have noticed G.INP has been enabled but I have IMP at 28.

Will the IMP come down or stay the same?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Weaver:
Someone who knows will be able to hrl0 you out

Does this mean INP can protect an error that corrupts up to 28 consecutive symbols?

A higher figure is a very good thing, assuming that you need it, as you are getting well protected from short noise bursts / spikes. Perhaps the choice of value for it says something about eh number of spikes present, how clean your line is ? Apologies for all the question marks as my knowledge is insufficient and in any case I use the Broadcom-proprietary PhyR L2 retx protocol (on ADSL2) and PhyR is not the same thing as the standard that is G.INP.

j0hn:
I assume you are on Sky ADSL2+ ?

I don't have any experience with G.INP on ADSL.

On VDSL2 there's always INP, usually up in the 40-50's.
My current INP=48 with G.INP enabled.

Shakermaker:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies  :)

Yes I am on Sky ADSL2+ and just downgraded from FTTC with BT (wont bore with the full story but had a nightmare with crosstalk and DLM intervention).

The funny thing is I was on an ECI cab with my BT FTTC and now been moved to Hauwei cab with ADSL which I just dont get?

The main reason I downgraded was because my main connection is now 4g as I took up the 3 unlimited offer for £20 per month (was getting 35meg on FTTC and getting in between 50 and 70 on 4g).

I'm just trying to get my head around the differnent cab and why I wasn't on this with FTTC as I'm sure my connection would've been miles better  :wall:

burakkucat:
Your ADSL2+ service is via an exchange based MSAN and not a cabinet.

What you are seeing in the "Stats Summary" is just the line-card chipset . . . which happens to be a Broadcom chipset. You have tried to extrapolate the technique we use for cabinet based VDSL2 services to an exchange based ADSL2+ service and have got confused with the apparent anomaly in the result.  ;)

Some years ago, I showed Bald_Eagle1 the following --

> xdslctl info --vendor
xdslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason:   8000
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:   Upstream rate = 984 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5964 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate = 979 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5119 Kbps

ChipSet Vendor Id:   IFTN:0x71c8
ChipSet VersionNumber:   0x71c8
ChipSet SerialNumber:   
 >

and he remarked that I was connected via an ECI DSLAM. I had to correct that (incorrect) observation, as I am actually connected via an exchange based Huawei MSAN which has an Infineon line-card chipset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version