Computers & Hardware > Apple Related

Bluetooth headphones with iOS

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
I use Bluetooth headphones with my iPad. The while process of diverting sound to them seems unnecessarily fiddly and I wondered if others experience the same. I have to swipe downwards on the right hand part of the screen to obtain a set of control panel icons for things likebrightness up/down and volume up/down. In that set there is a thing for headphones on/off. I select it, but it doesn’t work, sound is still emitted through the iPad’s internal speakers. (What can’t they fix that?) I have to go to the main Settings > Bluetooth and hit an option there in order to get the headphones to work.

What a pain.

I wonder if others have the same experience? Is there a better way of doing this, so that I can just divert sound one way or the other with one click?

<rant>Using Siri like this is pretty silly. Siri outputs her voice through the headphones when I am no longer wearing them and have put them down on a table - because I have forgotten to divert sound output when I finished using the headphones. There has to be a sane alternative. One way would be to just output Siri audio to both devices all the time, at least as an option, in case where the user does not want Siri to be overheard by others nearby. With dual output, it wo:uld always ‘ just work’ for me, with no hassle. Maybe some future hardware and software developments could  support a protocol to tell the o/s that the user had taken the headphones off if the headphones had  a ‘wearer state’ detection mechanism, provided by simple hardware, and wearer state could report this back to the o/s.</rant>

Westie:
Does Siri still try to talk through the headphones if you switch them off when you put them dowm?

Deathstar:
Mine connect automatically without manual intervention when turned on.
They are Phillips SHB8750NC

g3uiss:
Hi Weaver

Have to say my Jabra headset connects automatically ( both iPad and iPhone) I don’t need to do anything other than turn the headset on.

Tony

Weaver:
Just to be clear, at the headphones’ end, they are turned on, I’m not pressing the button (usually) on the headphones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version