Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Offers Choice of Gadget Gifts with Broadband and Phone Plans  (Read 1103 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/03/bt-offers-choice-of-gadget-gifts-with-broadband-and-phone-plans.html

UK ISP BT has launched a new range of special offers on their superfast (FTTC) and ultrafast (G.fast, FTTP) broadband packages, which among other things gives new customers a choice of taking either an included Samsung Tablet A 10.1 (worth £179), Fitbit Charge 3 (worth £129.99) or Amazon Echo (worth £89.99).

I don't understand why ISP's are trying to bribe new customers with gifts instead of just reducing the price.

I noticed even on the FTTP/G.fast packages they are offering £130 reward card PLUS a choice of one of the gifts mentioned above. So if a new customer as picked the Fibre4 package and got the Fitbit Charge 3 worth £129.99 that would be a total amount given to the customer of £259.99. They also reduced the price of the 18 months contract to £59.99. So if £259.99 / 18 months they could have taken a further £14.44 off the price. So new price could have been £45.55 per month.

I'd much prefer discounts on the actual price than reward cards or things I don't need.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: BT Offers Choice of Gadget Gifts with Broadband and Phone Plans
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »

BT's retail pricing is babysat by Ofcom.

anything