Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: UNO want to change LLU provider - good/bad idea?  (Read 2034 times)

Krisbee

• Just arrived
UNO want to change LLU provider - good/bad idea?
« on: March 02, 2019, 09:45:41 AM »

UNO want to change customers from C&W/Vodafone LLU to TTB LLU claiming poor support/congestion from/on Vodafone.

NO idea about TTB LUU adsl2+ , so is this a good or a bad idea.  Migration is free, and they are taking the chance to push their VDSL option which I don't really need/want.

Any thoughts?

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: UNO want to change LLU provider - good/bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »

If they are going to do that for the same price that is absolutely excellent news!

Many people make the mistake of confusing TalkTalk Retail and TalkTalk Wholesale. TalkTalk Wholesale are good - good enough for AAISP to use them! TalkTalk Retail are the ones who have the dubious reputation.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Krisbee

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 11:35:33 AM »

If they are going to do that for the same price that is absolutely excellent news!

Many people make the mistake of confusing TalkTalk Retail and TalkTalk Wholesale. TalkTalk Wholesale are good - good enough for AAISP to use them! TalkTalk Retail are the ones who have the dubious reputation.

OK, thanks for putting me straight on the difference. Thing is I hadn't noticed any real problems with sync or download speeds (16 Mbps down is typical for tests and in real world), I'd hate to have lower figures by changing.

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:45:18 PM »

And believe it or not, TalkTalk Retail also use the same TalkTalk Wholesale network  ;) Their reputation is purely mainly down to their quality of support.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:23:35 PM by psychopomp1 »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »

What Jelv said.

AA uses TT and is very happy with them. They get very occasional problems but TT staff get onto them and they succeed in getting them sorted out.

Krisbee

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 07:23:23 AM »

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Seems like it's a good idea to accept the service upgrade, even if part of the motivation for Uno is to rationalise an older part of its customer base.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 01:40:05 PM »

consider it good news, vodafone's stance is strange they dont seem to realise their customers can and will move

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 02:24:02 PM »

I'm slightly surprised, in a positive way, that Uno are even giving you the choice of who your backhaul is with - they have no need to do so as its their choice who they use in their supply chain.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 07:26:16 PM »

They are not the only ISP who have recently switched from Vodafone to TalkTalk wholesale, citing Vodafone congestion being the cause.
There were 2 others that we know of who did so late last year.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 01:01:32 AM »

@gt94sss2

AA do the same, giving users the choice. In their case TT or BTW. Both have their plus points and sometimes different characteristics or features iirc from what I read. Some users really want to choose though because they arrange for their bonded lines to be handled by a mixture of carriers for enhanced reliability. AA even suggest this as a tip.

anything