Announcements > News Articles

ISP Zen Internet Slashes UK ADSL and FTTC Broadband Prices

(1/4) > >>

Bowdon:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/02/isp-zen-internet-slashes-uk-adsl-and-fttc-broadband-prices.html

--- Quote ---Rochdale-based UK ISP Zen Internet has informed us that they’ve introduced a number of big price reductions (i.e. these are permanent changes, not temporary discounts) across their standard ADSL and superfast Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC / VDSL2) based broadband and phone bundles. Plus there’s a lifetime price guarantee!
--- End quote ---

The prices are;
ADSL 10 / 1 = £28
FTTC1 35 / 6 = £37
FTTC2 66 / 17 = £38.99
FTTC3 145 / 30 = £52 (+ £55 setup)
FTTC4 300 / 50 = £59.99 (+ £55 setup)

Can someone explain why there is a £9 jump in price between the ADSL service and FTTC1 ? Why does it cost £9 more?

I wonder if these prices include line rental? if they do then I'm paying over the odds.

Westie:

--- Quote ---I wonder if these prices include line rental?

--- End quote ---

According to the article you referenced, they do.

sevenlayermuddle:
My current deal with Zen is for unlimited 40/10.   The new deal, at exactly the same price, seems to be unlimited 35/6, not exactly sure in what way that is a “price slash”.   

My actual connection is around 28/8 so to keep the same (upstream) performance, I might even need to upgrade - costing me more...  ???

vultura:

--- Quote from: sevenlayermuddle on February 27, 2019, 06:25:30 PM ---My current deal with Zen is for unlimited 40/10.   The new deal, at exactly the same price, seems to be unlimited 35/6, not exactly sure in what way that is a “price slash”.   

My actual connection is around 28/8 so to keep the same (upstream) performance, I might even need to upgrade - costing me more...  ???

--- End quote ---

I think they are quoting average speeds, rather than the usual max possible.

Ronski:
Vultura is right, due to new advertising standards which came in last year they have to use average speeds rather than the up to figures we are all used to. So we just need to round up to the standard package speeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version