Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

Alexa for PC

(1/1)

banger:
Alexa is now available as an app in the Windows 10 store. Just search for Alexa in the store. Free. Pretty much the same as the Echo Alexa.

kitz:
Thank you. :)

----
btw...  does anyone else miss Alexa when you're outside of home.    Many times whilst I'm driving,  I so just wantto be able to ask Alexa questions via my car (which has a button on the steering wheel so I can talk to Android auto).    Although you can do some things with Google, I do miss some of the Alexa features and how Alexa can bring together so many other apps under one roof. 

banger:
I have seen some people putting a dot in their cars to add that functionality. Think it's possible with a cigarette lighter to USB and an Aux cable or bluetooth from what I have read.

vultura:

--- Quote from: banger on March 01, 2019, 02:17:49 AM ---I have seen some people putting a dot in their cars to add that functionality. Think it's possible with a cigarette lighter to USB and an Aux cable or bluetooth from what I have read.

--- End quote ---

If car does not have wifi, then a MiFi type device with 3G sim acting as hotspot for connectivity.  Saves having to keep switching mobile phone into hotspot mode.

3 offer a free 200Mb per month data sim - https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order?id=1681&

Chunkers:
You can run Alexa on a Raspberry Pi, or any other device under Linux although its quite a faff to install.  Obviously a dot is much better, but if you already have a Pi lying around can be fun.

Chunks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version