Broadband Related > ISPs

3's unlimited sim only deal

(1/6) > >>

grahamb:
(Not sure if i'm posting this new thread in the right area of the forum but happy for it to be moved if it isn't.  :))

So anyway, I've been reading through this thread: I’ve just signed up to 3’s SIM only unlimited everything on the TBB forum with great interest and, having done some tests with a couple of games consoles on my current 4G package, have taken the plunge and ordered.

Now, if it all works out as planned over the 14 days "test" period, I'll be wanting to end my phone and broadband package with PlusNet, which I've had for about 6 years and so am well out of contract.

If/when I phone up PlusNet to give them the bad news, should I be asking for a cessation of service to both phone line and broadband or should I word it some other way and are they likely to charge me for said cessation of service (not that that's going to cause me any problems)?

Also, if my landline/broadband are ceased, will this cause any problems if I decide to revert back in the future if 3 make a mess of their unlimited service?

burakkucat:
Nobody will be taking over the service, so you will have to instruct Plusnet to cease both Internet access and telephony. I'm sure you will be charged . . . as Openreach will charge Plusnet and the charge will be passed on.

If, at any time in the future you wish to return to a wired connection, you would have to take out a new service . . . which will just use the existing infrastructure.

grahamb:
Ok, thanks for that B*cat, I'll be looking forward to everything going as planned and saving myself 25 quid per month.  ;D

j0hn:
If you have an FTTC service and there's plenty capacity in the fibre cab then when they cease your service they will leave your line jumpered to the fibre cab.

This means if you order FTTC again then it should hopefully be a quick activation as an engineer won't need to visit the cabinet.

Be aware that if your FTTC cabinet is full you will lose your port and won't be able to reorder unless further capacity is added.

I would leave the fixed line broadband active for the first month if possible.

As long as you intend on staying under 1TB/month I don't see any issues.

burakkucat:
Please do provide updates as to how you find the new access method and service. I'm sure that many members will be interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version