Computers & Hardware > Android & other hand held devices

Anyway to copy android phone contacts to the computer?

(1/3) > >>

Bowdon:
Is there any way to connect the android phone to the computer and copy the contacts eg name and number etc to the computer in order to print them out?

I've seen a couple of posts on youtube recommending certain apps. But I'm generally suspicious of rarely mentioned apps unless I trust the person giving the advice.

I'm surprised its not a bigger issue these days with many people changing phones and my dads new phone only takes a nano sim so he's having to change sim cards when he starts using his new phone. But the problem is transfering the contact details acrosss.

Anyone any ideas?

gt94sss2:
Which phone/OS and where on the phone are the contacts saved?

Sometimes the back-up software from the phone manufacturer will allow the data to be 'backed up' to the PC and/or any contacts app will have an export function.

If the contact details are synced with a Google account , then they will have been backed up by default to the cloud and be automatically restored to the new phone (if using the same Google account) - this is the case with most contacts on phones these days, hence it tends not to be an issue.. (and/or you are able to export the contacts to Google if they are on the SIM card)

Ronski:
As above, many people do not realise the benefits of using a Google account, so do not set one up and course some are just paranoid so don't  ;)

If the phone was setup using a Google account then I'm sure that is the default save location for contacts, simply settings up the new phone using the same account will be enough to pull the contacts back in. If you go to https://contacts.google.com and sign you should see your contacts. If he doesn't have a Google account then set one up and export the contacts to it, how easy that is depends on how old the phone is. Once you have the contacts in the cloud  you can go to the Google contacts site and tidy them up, add address details, birthdays etc. With newer Android versions it is actually very easy to transfer a lot of stuff across to a new phone, you are given various options when setting the phone up.

For SMS and call logs I use SMS Backup & restore by SyncTech Pty Ltd.

j0hn:
What Ronski said, sync to Google.

jelv:
Go to https://contacts.google.com/ in the left hand column under more there are print and export options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version