Computers & Hardware > PC Hardware

I've found wireless adapter does not support 5GHz

(1/2) > >>

renluop:
The item is a Qualcomm QCA9565 802.11b/g/n Wireless Adapter fitted to my Dell Inspiron 3650 Desktop.
ATM 5G is not an absolute requirement, as my close locality is not very crowded net wise.

However, it's probable I shall need to move to a more crowded location nearer the town centre, where the upside of 5G could be more apparent.

All Dell seem to have "helpfully" expressed to  similar comments is to use a USB adapter. Does any one, if there are adapters supporting 5G, compatible with my computer?

j0hn:
It's pretty easy to change the internal wireless card inside your desktop so it works with 5Ghz without having to connect any usb dongles.

You would need a half mini pci-e wireless card.

Going down the USB route there are no special requirements for your computer.

Any USB dongle that does 2.4/5Ghz and supports the Windows version you use will work.

renluop:
I saw  the existing adapter described as 1x1. Does that place any limitation on my choice of replacement. A lot of adapters on sale today are 2x2. To the  special needs net illiterate like me, it's confusing. :-[

j0hn:
2x2 is better :) still works :)

renluop:
I understand the 1x1, 2x2 refers to the numbers of Rx and Tx antennae. I'm guessing that would mean the compacter has been configured physically 1 Rx and 1 Tx. How would and can one add additional antennae, and without that option would performance be degraded, to what extent?
Thanks j0hn, I must be thick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version