Computers & Hardware > Networking

Pfsense - only getting 10Mb/s throughput

(1/3) > >>

Jon21:
Got a bit of an odd issue with only getting roughly 10Mb/s via ethernet or wifi. Setup is: Zyxel VMG1312-B10A > Pfsense router > TP-Link Gigabit POE 8 port switch > devices and a NanoHD AP. Pfsense is reporting 100BaseT from the Zyxel (100Mb port) and 1000BaseT to the switch. I've tried restarting everything, I've re-installed Pfsense (twice) and restored the config. At a bit of a loss as to what would be causing it. Dodgy port on the switch or the switch itself?

j0hn:
Try without the switch?

Jon21:
If I plug the PC direct in to the router, nothing happens, can't browse to any website despite Windows showing as everything being ok. Will admit I'm rushing, so probably missed something obvious. Will have a proper look when I'm back from work later. All suggestions welcome though.

Edit: Just noticed that I had this problem back in November. Multiple restarts of the router eventually sorted it. But I never found out what the problem was.

Chrysalis:
Definitely need more info.

Hardware spec of pfsense please, in particular the networking part of it.

Also if anything is in a non default state, whether it be configuration, or installed packages, please also provide info thanks.

Jon21:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on February 11, 2019, 07:39:28 PM ---Definitely need more info.

Hardware spec of pfsense please, in particular the networking part of it.

Also if anything is in a non default state, whether it be configuration, or installed packages, please also provide info thanks.

--- End quote ---

It’s a Qotom Q355G4, has 4x Intel LAN ports.

I have ntopng installed and QoS setup. I did try turning QoS off in case it was doing something strange but no change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version