Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Changing from Draytek 2860 (firewall/router) to UniFi USG  (Read 1216 times)

rpdmallett

Changing from Draytek 2860 (firewall/router) to UniFi USG
« on: February 15, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »

Hi,

Tomorrow I plan to do the above, so am looking for a few bits of advice, namely:

1. Is there anyway to import my list of static IP addresses into the USG?  It'll be quite painful to do them all one by one in the web interface.

2. Anyone got any suggestions for preventing DHCP mayhem as all my devices suddenly see a new DHCP server, especially if I haven't been able to import all the static IP's I have?  Perhaps someone has been through this before?

3. My DrayTek router is on 192.168.0.1, but the USG will (I think) default to 192.168.1.1 (and of course hand-out addresses based on that subnet).  Would it be easier to just 'start afresh' on that new subnet, or move the USG onto 192.168.0.1 before replacing the Draytek?

BTW, I know that I need to have a PPPoE modem on the USG's WAN port, and I already have multiple Unifi AP's & a Cloudkey.  So I'm not new to the UniFi world :-)

Thanks,
Richard

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Changing from Draytek 2860 (firewall/router) to UniFi USG
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 06:43:57 PM »

You could set up the static IPs on the devices themselves where possible and just restrict the DHCP range.

Also configure the new router prior to connecting it to the network, that way you can get most things setup and ready to go when finally connecting it. I normally do this via laptop.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D