Computer Software > Windows 10

"Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." Error

<< < (2/4) > >>

michty_me:
Ok. It happened again this morning.
Everything else hard wired on the network still works fine and I can ping the BBC no problem via the edgerouter itself.
The network indicator on the desktop tray in the bottom left corner has a yellow triangle stating no network connection. If you run the diagnostic for it, There is no error found. If you then go into the adapter options and disable it then re-enable. It starts working again. Definitely a windows 10 issue.

jelv:
Now you've described it in detail - snap!

It's on the laptop which I don't use often and seems to be after a period of inactivity.

michty_me:
My computer is used quite a bit daily so I don't think it is the inactivity.
When it was connected through WiFi before, It would sometimes happen in the middle of using it but I have not noticed this since hard wiring it.
It also seems to happen after Win10 reboots itself for I'm guessing an update. When it restarts, I notice quite a lot of notifications for windows defender. I wonder if it is possibly linked to that?

d2d4j:
Hi

You may have this set already but if not, goto adaptor properties for Wi-Fi (the same screen you disable and enable) and last tab, power options and turn off power down, save and I like to disable/enable to make sure setting is used

Many thanks

John

michty_me:
Ok, I've now disabled power saving options. I'll see if this makes any difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version