Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." Error  (Read 6971 times)

michty_me

• Reg Member
Re: "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." Error
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 07:19:09 PM »

Installed new drivers so shall see how it pans out.
I'm not holding out much hope as it is a common issue across two separate devices with independent drivers. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »

It has been fine until I turned off my PC to install a new PSU and GPU.
Since I restarted it has happened two or three times but this time I noticed it was trying to find an IPv6 address and filled it with rubbish as per the attachment.
I done the usual disable and re-enable and it is now showing IPv4 only.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 08:21:33 AM »

A little update to this issue.

I finally had enough of it so bought a Ryzen 3600, X570 Asus motherboard and some new RAM which was running perfectly for a week. I then played about with RAM timings and messed a few things up. This issue started appeared now and again so was considering re-doing the cabling. I returned the RAM OC to default settings and it disappeared for about a week.
Yesterday, I used the DRAM calculator and bumped my ram from 3200CL16 to 3600CL14. System appeared to be happy but then this issue came back and would drop the connection the same as before but more frequently.

This got me thinking back to my previous machine and it more than likely ties-in with changing from 2-dimms to 4-dimms late last year!!

I'll be reverting my RAM OC this afternoon but I am confident it will go back to working as normal.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »

Well my theory was wrong. Just done a fresh install of Windows this morning and a BIOS reset then it happened again ???
Pages: 1 [2]

anything