Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: High latency while small downloads/streaming on another device  (Read 1731 times)

Reaps

Re: High latency while small downloads/streaming on another device
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »

So far, i'm going through over the hurdles BT put in place to try and get this escalated.

Step 1 was to get 3 different BT engineers at my house. Only once 3 engineers have been, will this get assigned a case manager to look further into.
That has happened today and I've now been assigned a case manager to look into it. We'll see what happens after this.

Reaps

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »

Update:

Had a BT case engineer assigned.
They looked over the issue from the 3 engineers. They originally wanted to schedule another engineer (lol), but I talked them out of it, as I didn't see any value in it.
I mentioned BT Wholesale was spoken about on the call with regards to capacity earlier on in my issue.

The case engineer took a couple of days to speak to BT Wholesale, who said they would cease and recreate my line on their system, which may resolve the issue.

Result: My issue is almost fully resolved, with my pings returning much closer to normal during streaming/downloading. They're not perfect, but they are much better and I can see a big change in the TBB quality monitor graphs.

old:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/12b1d1bdd3a7fd42fc84df72d102009d53a40ab2-03-03-2019

new:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9f2df6f8d2098aef0ef570a8b9e15a500bd66bef-12-03-2019

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:00:43 PM by Reaps »

Reaps

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 12:45:28 PM »

It looks like I had a less congested night, where my pings are still high throughout this the evening.

I'm now waiting for the case engineer to call me today, as I would like to start to discuss my options with regards to contracts if I'm no longer getting what I used to - out of the Fibre connection. (ignoring max throughput).

He last mentioned he was going to speak to the experts in BT wholesale to see if there's absolutely anything else they can do for me, before going down that route. I'll wait for the call today, before updating this thread.

As a side note, my line is measured at 280 meters from my DSLAM. Looks like over the last 2-3 years of living here, uptake of fibre in my area has increased crosstalk, with a low SNR of 3.2, this is why my speeds are now down to 61Mbps, from 74Mbps, actual not attainable.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:50:52 PM by Reaps »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything