Computers & Hardware > PC Hardware

M.2 SSD to SATA Adaptor

<< < (2/3) > >>

tiffy:
Many thanks to all for the tutorials much appreciated, as with all things in life, quite easy when you know how !

With the options offered, the method I find easiest is:

Click "Insert Hyperlink" icon.
Paste the copied URL into link.
Edit the link to modify brackets and insert desired name.

Just to prove I've got it:
Expect more tidy future posts

@jelv:
Can't quite get your proposed method to work, my fault I'am sure.

--- Quote ---You have to be in the WYSIWYG view mode to do this
--- End quote ---
How do I do this, can't find that option ?

--- Quote ---A pop-up box appears for you to paste/key the URL (http://example.net/)
--- End quote ---
I don't get a pop-up box ?

Edit: Remove empty lines.

tiffy:
Back on the original topic:

Have decided to order this adaptor:
M.2/mSATA SSD Adaptor

It's the most cost effective and should address 3 of the 4 M.2/mSATA SSD card permutations.
Had not realised that there were so many M.2 SSD card variations until encountering a new Dell desktop PC last week belonging to my neighbour which incorporated a motherboard mounted SSD..

jelv:

--- Quote from: tiffy on February 06, 2019, 12:41:39 PM ---@jelv:
Can't quite get your proposed method to work, my fault I'am sure.
How do I do this, can't find that option ?
I don't get a pop-up box ?

--- End quote ---

The A button at the right hand end toggles the view between WYSIWYG and bbcode view. The initial view depends on your profile setting (Profile, Look and Layout, Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.) The method only works in WYSIWYG mode.

PS: One thing I don't like is that there is no indication on the screen which mode you are in!

tiffy:
@jelv

Ahh, see how it works now, very clever, many thanks.

As you say, would be nice to have some form of indication as to which viewing mode you are currently in, don't know what overall effect WYSIWYG has on general text other than it appears to change size slightly in the edit window, don't know which is which as I've forgotten already how many times I've toggled !

Can't see any size difference to general text in the preview window with either view selected.

tiffy:
Back on original topic:

I found this video to be very informative regarding available SSD formats and transfer protocols:

SSD Formats

M.2 format NVMe SSD prices are quite competitive considering the huge read/write speed difference from SATA, the model in the video, at 250Gb., 2018 model is currently priced @ £61.88 on Amazon, certainly an upgrade option worth considering provided the hardware/operating system supported the format/protocol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version