Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Low SNR on FTTC  (Read 7086 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Low SNR on FTTC
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »

I used to have Hub One I hate it and I binned it last year. Worse Hub ever! I prefer my own VDSL for modem only the Billion 8800NL and connect to TP Link for wireless only.

I did try putty to get higher rate eg: adsl configure --maxDataRate 100000 20000 100000 and it didn't work as it still at 74Meg capped sound like DLM is locked 74Meg banded at the exchange. :(

Is there any tweak to get the banded removed?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:30:20 PM by adslmax »

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 02:58:45 PM »

I'm sure I read somewhere that the third number in that command has to be equal or greater than the first two numbers together.

adsl configure --maxDataRate 100000 20000 100000.

You should have just left it as is. DLM probably wouldn't have touched you with the low errors you were getting anyway.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »

:no:
No

Stop resyncing the line. Every time you resync DLM is likely to make the banding worse.

Why why why would you at a cap of 90Mb.
The cap is already 80Mb so setting 90Mb simply resyncs your line while doing NOTHING.

I don't think you should be setting a cap to trick your ISP in to sending an engineer. The engineer will simply plug his own device in (which doesn't have the cap you set) and you will get a £130 charge because your equipment is at fault.

If Plusnet won't request a remote DLM reset then you're stuck with it.
Your banding won't show on a GEA test till 16th February.

You have nobody but yourself to blame.
You continued to fiddle with your perfectly operating line simply because DLM enabled G.INP on the upstream.

I wish I had 74/20
I get 45/7 on a good sync.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 03:36:49 PM »

It's my own fault and myself to blame! Ah well I shall leave it alone now and see how long it take to get back to 80/20. Probably in 6 months time or never will be. :( :(

I kicked myself to the wall.

But, I just wish Openreach DLM should scrap unfair banded on the line because it too cruel to have lower speed.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »

I would love g.inp to go active on my upstream.
Hopefully it relents quickly for you and can go back to normal.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2019, 03:46:32 PM »

Next time if G.INP enabled on both downstream and upstream at 80/20 I shall leave it alone and stop messing with putty sent to exchange to cap the line at 90Meg. (Maybe I don't know what I am doing or fiddle around with putty thing)

I feel guilty now :(  :-[

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2019, 03:49:12 PM »

Hopefully it relents quickly for you and can go back to normal.

I do hope so! But I don't think so cos last year I have my line capped at 74Meg and it took 3 months to get it removed by PN DLM Resetted by remotely trial.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

Next time if G.INP enabled on both downstream and upstream at 80/20 I shall leave it alone and stop messing with putty sent to exchange to cap the line at 90Meg. (Maybe I don't know what I am doing or fiddle around with putty thing)

I feel guilty now :(  :-[

That's why i don't really do anything with equipment unless I fully understand what is going on and what the outcome will be.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2019, 03:57:13 PM »

Quick fix will be placed a new order for 2nd line with 80/20 if I placed the order tomorrow but not with PN thought. Different ISP.

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »

Max – a few questions

Which ISP are you thinking of placing this order with?
How much time do you have left on your Plusnet contract?
Can you afford to pay 2 lots of line rental and 2 VDSL connections?

Kevin

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2019, 04:20:14 PM »

My contract with PN end in this October but PN got billing issues and got no bills since last September 2018 and PN haven't resolved the biling yet and still unknown how long it will take PN to sort out the billing issues. So, I paying no bill for five months with PN. Cos PN has suspended my direct debit on my account.

The new ISP I am thinking will be Aquiss because of six months 50% off for fibre 80/20 on offer.

I just saw on other forum that BT has warned the FTTC line will drop if u mess with your modem tweak. BT say to keep your modem on all the time, in order to stop complaints of fluctuating speeds.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:56:10 PM by adslmax »

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2019, 05:08:25 PM »

I do hope that you’ve set the money aside to pay them.  They have provided you with a service and you’ve been using it.  I’m no legal expert but I would imagine that they could ask you for full or discounted payment when they realise they haven’t billed you.

My advice would be to pester and pay them unless you can afford to pay up when the bill eventually comes in otherwise you could have debt collectors at your door.

As for the second line don’t do it unless you can actually afford it, I’ve seen too many people begging for overtime because they’ve had a few good weeks and over-stretched themselves.

Kevin

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:18 PM »

These are bloody very good https://communityfibre.co.uk
Code: [Select]
Basic
£20/month

download & Upload40 Mbps

Average speed: 40 Mbps download and upload
UltraFast
£35/month

download & Upload200 Mbps

Average speed: 200 Mbps download and upload
GigaFast
£50/month

download & Upload1,000 Mbps

Average speed: 920 Mbps download and upload

I wish my area have that unless I get myself involved and do a door to door everywhere in my area with a leaflet to register interest to get away from virgin media cable, sky, talktalk, bt, plusnet fttc. Why pay more for less speed with virgin & openreach rip off?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2019, 07:59:30 PM »

Max, do your remember, some months ago you agreed to stop obsessing over your broadband connection to the Internet and, instead, just use the service for normal purposes?  :-\

If you continue with this current obsession, I fear that you will make yourself ill, once again.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »

I am going to put a cease order on the line tomorrow. Had enough now. I don't need broadband anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

anything