Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: House cats  (Read 639 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
House cats
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:32:10 AM »

I’m thinking that all our orientals are entirely house cats. They just don’t go outside ever unless it’s for the loo sometimes. They are not keen on the cold but also none of them seem at all interested in hunting so that does not draw them outside. We have only had a litter tray since a year ago when we got our two kittens and since Somhairle is hopeless we have needed to keep it although normally one would be phased out and I very much wish we could do so. Caoimhe always used to go outside but now she is using it too. Oisín of fond memory was a hunter, but did not teach Somhairle to hunt, thank goodness.

Odd to have house-bound cats in this environment. Can’t say that I’m at all sorry, having lost the first cat due to a car in thirty years last summer.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: House cats
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 03:57:46 AM »

Mine are the same.  They have access to outside whenever they want, but they only go out to toilet.  If its cold or wet they will use the litter tray to pee.
However if I locked the cat flap, then I know madam would howl and eventually break through it.  Look a door on her and she goes mental to open it.   Leave it open and she wont go out.  ???
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: House cats
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 11:10:14 AM »

Our two Sàsaigs - the 2009 Skye moggies - are hunters. Beileag isn’t keen on the bad weather though. Her favourite hunting spot is sitting on top of a dry-stone wall that is part of a now-roofless small former cowshed. Moosies probably emerge from their homes amongst the stones ready for death to fall from above.

Buidheag does a great amount of hunting in summer, less in winter too. She loves sleeping in the dogbed in the day at the moment or else on the heated downstairs ‘posh’ bathroom floor. At night the poor dog is dismayed if he comes up to bed and finds Buidheag still occupying his dogbed, because she ignores him and will not shift. And he does not have the wit to realise that he could very easily remove the cat, by simply sitting on her or treading on her or forty things. He just looks desperate and hopes that Janet will resolve the situation, using her divine abilities.

In winter there is so much sleeping and so much toasting to be done (adults) and so much wild play to be done (kittens). Who really needs to go out that much?

anything