Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Continuing lesser line #3 problems - noise - Request for read of stats

<< < (2/9) > >>

Weaver:
There is a real problem though, it’s not just the graphs. Downstream sync rate is now down to 265k from 3055k [!] with huge packet loss and frequent disconnects. Will swap modem out as a rule-out. AA notified.

johnson:
I do not doubt there is problem with the line.

I just want to find a way of fixing the graphs so they are more readable and can maybe give you a better view of whats going on.

Also, as I mentioned previously, uptime is needed when posting ES, SES UAS etc. Its hard to make sense of them without it.

Edit:clarity

Weaver:
I thought one of the stats’ reports does give time intervals - is that correct? Apologies for posting the wrong report then, as indeed it’s useless without durations.

The uptime was 1d 16h 28m. Luckily I recorded that figure separately.

aesmith:
Could the 100dB spikes be mis-reporting of negative values?  I had that once when collecting via SNMP from (I think) Linksys, presumably some signed/unsigned mismatch in the MIB.

Weaver:
I was just thinking the same thing. The Netgear DG834v1 used to display garbage when SNRM values went below zero, a sign bit problem. Was fixed later on.

However I think there are visible downward-going spikes which do reach negative values, so if the basic idea is correct, then the sign bit problem would have to be elsewhere in the arithmetic, somewhere earlier. That’s the only thing that I can think of to save the idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version