Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Considering a Self-Imposed Speed Cap

(1/1)

snadge:
[Moderator note: This query has been split from the original sticky thread, Speed capping and ES rates on a moderately noisy line, created by les-70.]

is this worth me doing if im struggling to hit the full 79,999k, for example I usually get between 78-79,000k and iam on fastpath, sometimes the max attainable rate is the same as I have or 81/82Mbit

ejs:
For what purpose? The aim is to reduce your own speed to avoid the DLM applying FEC+interleaving. If the DLM is not doing that, then there doesn't seem to be much point in reducing your speed.

snadge:

--- Quote from: ejs on January 19, 2019, 07:50:58 AM ---For what purpose? The aim is to reduce your own speed to avoid the DLM applying FEC+interleaving. If the DLM is not doing that, then there doesn't seem to be much point in reducing your speed.

--- End quote ---

is it? oh well... I thought it was to aid in getting a better sync eventually by reducing the error count temporarily

j0hn:
They only applies if you're interleaved, as OpenReach's method of interleaving/INP/FEC takes roughly 10% away compared to fastpath.

If you're already fastpath there's nothing you can do.

Would you notice any difference between 79000 and 79999?

snadge:

--- Quote from: j0hn on January 19, 2019, 02:52:38 PM ---Would you notice any difference between 79000 and 79999?

--- End quote ---

not really, just be nice to have it is all :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version