Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: odd upstream behaviour after upgrade from filter to mk3 SSFP  (Read 809 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
odd upstream behaviour after upgrade from filter to mk3 SSFP
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:32:58 PM »

Yesterday I installed a Mk3 VDSL SSFP with 3 meters of Cat5e cable which replaced a regular filter and 3 meters of flat cable, since then I have noticed that not only do i have a slight dip in sync speed (1Mbit), but also that there was some activity on upstream bit-swapping which I had never observed previously, I have been checking yesterdays SNRM per Band on DSL-stats and the upstream noise margins have been up and down slightly, it seems to affect all 3 upstream bands.

Before I installed the SSFP I never had any upstream bit-swapping and SNRM per band where always solid lines almost, no troughs or peaks?

Does anyone know why this is?

I wondered if its because the Mk3 has a Common Mode RF Filter and I was told the Zyxel 8924 also has a CM RF Filter in it and I'm wondering if its just 'too much' RF filtering?

I have ordered an NTE5C+Mk4 SSFP and will try that for comparison when it arrives, meanwhile, I may have to go back to filter

Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

anything