Internet > Interesting Websites

Speed tester - broadbandchoices

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
Has anyone tried this speed tester out - https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/tools/speed-test

How accurate is it ?

Do not be put off by any initial nonsense demand requiring an email address; they don’t check it and so just enter a bogus email address and then you can get past the initial apparent barrier. You don’t have to compromise your privacy and invite spam.

It seems quite good to me - it does long tests in both directions and the upload accuracy seemed above average I thought.

kitz:
I did ages ago, but didn't find it particularly accurate.   I'd prefer to stick with TBB

--- Quote ---Do not be put off by any initial nonsense demand requiring an email address;
--- End quote ---

The fact that they now require this info and a postcode... most certainly does deter me from testing it now. 

Weaver:
I just entered bogus values.

chenks:
i agree with kitz, the fact they even ask for that info suggests they are doing something with that data, most likely selling it on.
even if you put in bogus data you are essentially supporting the site in whatever they are doing with the data (be it real or not).

renluop:
Some comparisons today. BBC ping stands out, and down is slowest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version