Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Two lines gone bad simultaneously

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
Two lines went bad last weekend: #2 and #3. (Line #2 is the new one put in last summer, the most recent one, and #3 is the second one installed, which was summer 2010, iirc.)

Engineer was called out on Thursday morning and phoned my wife to say that he had fixed some faults on two lines. Notes mention d-side but are otherwise very lacking in detail and are for some reason full of lies, and wildly and self-evidently incorrect as they are self-contradictory.

So here we go again. Yet another incident involving bad copper wires. How many faults is that in total over the last couple of months now?

Is there something that can be arranged with Openreach to put an end to this cornucopia of faults? Is there some procedure for reviewing large amounts of recidivist copper?

banger:
4g Unlimited SIM.

tickmike:
Half the time we do not even get 3g or even 2g let alone 4g , so not everywhere gets a good phone signal in 2019  :-\

Weaver:
We get good 4G here but sometimes that just disappears. It’s a good point tho.

Now I have four copper lines and 3G as well, set up for fast failover then it’s highly resilient and I don’t notice even two lines going bad simultaneously. It’s the hassle factor of having to manage all of it while I’m really ill. (Pain has been frightening this week.)

I just wondered if anyone had had experience of some sort of preemptive escalation type thing within Openreach - if such a thing exists. Wonder what there is available to AA.

Weaver:
I’m trying to remember, I could try looking back through my old posts.

I think I have had one fault per line per year roughly, maybe less. But recently there seems to be this stream on faults. Whack-a-mole for AA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version