Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

DSLstats with Raspberry Pi

(1/5) > >>

snadge:
I have a Question about RASPBERRY

I fancy getting a Pi and installing DSL-stats on it and connecting it to my router for 24/7 recording

is it easy to access stats remotely from PC, Phone or Online?  Iam wanting to do what I say above but also be able to access the stats FROM the Pi... what is the best way around this?

thanks in advance

j0hn:
RPi comes with RealVNC built in.
Use a monitor and keyboard/mouse for the initial setup of the RPi then run it over VNC for the rest of its life.

tiffy:

--- Quote from: snadge on January 02, 2019, 03:51:09 PM ---I have a Question about RASPBERRY

I fancy getting a Pi and installing DSL-stats on it and connecting it to my router for 24/7 recording

is it easy to access stats remotely from PC, Phone or Online?  Iam wanting to do what I say above but also be able to access the stats FROM the Pi... what is the best way around this?

thanks in advance

--- End quote ---

Have at look at this post:
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,20672.msg360177.html#msg360177

Then subsequent posts in this thread, should hopefully answer most of your questions ref. running RPi's headless, getting auto-start of DSLStats working after a RPi re-boot or power outage and accessing RPi's remotely with VNC..

I currently run two RPi Zero W's with DSLStats remotely at my son & daughters locations on their VDSL2 lines and can fully monitor their router stats and also manage all aspects of the RPi's such as program updates etc., works very well and the VNC program is free for up to 5 remote users.

Have just recently started to upload router stats (via DSLStats) to an on line web server and found that the RPI Zero W's were struggling a bit with the CPU loading, had to restrict the data uploads to snapshots only, I run a RPi 3B on my own VDSL2 line with DSLStats and can cumfortably upload all stats using this, something to bear in mind regarding the choice of RPi model to deploy for your application.

snadge:
thanks will take a look

I have a couple of questions:

1) is there any reason why the QLN graph goes into negative values when none are plotted?

2) I have noticed that the graphs are saved at the resolution they are drawn at on the program, so when I set scaling values the image becomes very soft and loses detail, even when I have DSL-stats open full screen and have it shrink the images down, it seems there is a strong compression algorithm on the PNG files, is there anything I can do to stop this? see example below

ejs:
PNG files use lossless compression. Don't set scaling values?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version