Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DSLStats Docker  (Read 26440 times)

russellhq

Re: DSLStats Docker
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »

This docker container won't work for ARM devices, the raspberry pi is one.

That'll be why it didn't work then  ;D

Axel Foley

• Memento audere semper
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2019, 03:39:35 PM »

Make sure the localtime volume is not set, then run the following inside the shell in the docker image:

echo "Europe/London" > /config/etc/timezone
dpkg-reconfigure -f noninteractive tzdata

Then restart the container.

Failing that, will be able to look into this on Sunday.

I just installed your docker image on my Synology DS1812+, replacing my previous setup of DSLstats made up with LXQt and noVNC. Yours uses lots less resources.

The only problem I had was with TimeZone, I read all the thread but every solution failed. In the end, the only thing I needed to do was to start a shell in the container image, and run this command:

Code: [Select]
root@rossallan-dslstats1:/# dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
The console TZ wizard starts, you set the geo area and city, and it's done. And the configuration sticks to the restart of the container and DSLstats timestamps are now correct. :)

The only thing I'm missing about the previous setup with noVNC was the fact you didn't need a VNC client, you just pointed the browser to noVNC port and that's it. I don't know if it's possible for you to implement that one in your container.

Another thing I noticed (in the container terminal) is that in the start phase these errors are output:

/root/init.sh: line 21: [: missing `]'                                                             
TLResourceList.Sort 53 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TBitchart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 54 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TBitchart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 55 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TBitchart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 56 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TBitchart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 61 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinechart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 62 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinechart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 63 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinechart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 64 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinechart:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 66 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinediagchart:PNG                                 
TLResourceList.Sort 67 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinediagchart:PNG                                 
TLResourceList.Sort 68 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinediagchart:PNG                                 
TLResourceList.Sort 69 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TLinediagchart:PNG                                 
TLResourceList.Sort 77 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TSNRMperband:PNG                                   
TLResourceList.Sort 78 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TSNRMperband:PNG                                   
TLResourceList.Sort 79 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TSNRMperband:PNG                                   
TLResourceList.Sort 80 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TSNRMperband:PNG                                   
TLResourceList.Sort 103 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TTraffic:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 104 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TTraffic:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 105 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TTraffic:PNG                                     
TLResourceList.Sort 106 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TTraffic:PNG                                     
Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8080 ...               

The first line seems to be a syntax error in the init script.

Thanks a lot for your work. Very helpful. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2019, 06:37:12 PM »

The duplicate resource messages are not related to Docker. They are a curiosity of the Linux versions of DSLstats, and are of no significance.
  Eric

Axel Foley

• Memento audere semper
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2019, 11:25:26 PM »

I was referring in particular to the first line of that log:

/root/init.sh: line 21: [: missing `]'
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:07:31 AM by Axel Foley »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]