Broadband Related > ISPs

Help choosing ISP in new house

(1/6) > >>

N0STIE:
Hi guys!

Haven't been here for long time. Finally can return to this great community again!

I just got a new house that supports VDSL speeds between 68-80mps and 20mbps of upload and looking for decent ISP that will give me lowest latency possible. I also need it to be reliable (stable) so no Virgin Media definitely. I've had BT as my last ISP around year ago and had very stable service all round with 9-12ms to BBC and around 43/8 Mbps. Price is also an important factor - I wouldn't want to pay more than £35pm including rental and would prefer 12 months contract. I've moved to another area (same town) where I can get almost full speeds. I would take BT again but their price for fibre 2 is ridiculously high. I live in North West Liverpool if that helps.

Could you guys recommend an ISP that would suit me the best? Latency is most important factor.

Thank you!

burakkucat:
Do you really need a 80/20 Mbps DS/US service? Or could you "come down a notch" to the 55/10 Mbps DS/US product?

If a minimised monthly outlay is a prerequisite then A&A or Zen would have to be ruled out. Who else is available? Apart from BT, there is Sky, Plusnet, Vodafone and TalkTalk. (And all the others who I have forgotten.)

Perhaps if you could draw up a more comprehensive list of your requirements, we might be able to provide a more focused suggestion list.

N0STIE:
I can come down to 55/10 if the price is competitive enough. If it's only £5 difference I'd rather go for 80/20.

Well, more comprehensive list hmm:
- lowest latency possible (most important)
- good customer service
- reliability
- stability
- speed not lower than 40/10 but would rather go for 55/10 or 80/20
- ISP that will allow me to use my tp link td w9980 router
- price isn't that important but wouldn't pay more than £35 Inc line rental for 80/20 so if better ISP offers 55/10 for the price of 80/20 I'd go for it rather than dealing with terrible customer service despite their 80/20
-12 month contract but can be 18 month if ISP is very good

In fact latency reliability and stability are key for me. Speed that would handle smart IPTV, 2 laptops, 3 phones and 1 gaming pc connected at the same time most devices will be connected without any or minimal increase in latency. I know I am bit demanding but well..

Need to find out the cabinet type. I reckon Huawei would be better than eci? Is there any way to find it remotely?

j0hn:
FTTC cab - How to lookup location & type of DSLAM

N0STIE:
Thanks @j0hn found it

It's cabinet 41, it also says 41 on PCP and there is fibre cabinet just next to it. Unfortunately ECI one :( It's roughly 200-210 metres from my house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version