Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Analiti WiFi Analyser  (Read 1641 times)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Analiti WiFi Analyser
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:32:10 AM »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.analiti.fastest.android&hl=en_GB

This was already a great tool but they've just released a new version which has a WiFi advisor. Had a quick try and it looks good.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Analiti WiFi Analyser
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »

Just tried this on both my phone and tablet. Looks good. The speed test showed I get around 54mbps down and 19mbps upon my 5ghz wifi on the tablet which means my BT Whole Home wifi is hugely better than the wifi on my router. The phone which is 2.4ghz is only marginally slower.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 02:53:05 AM »

Thank you.  Been having a play.   It is indeed very good. 

Perhaps a tad optimistic with the speed test results which were actually quite close to my up and down sync speed rather than actual throughput 
Was that a co-incidence? Does anyone else see this I repeated the test several times and every single time it returned by sync speed bar a few kbps, **I just noticed -  it reports it as "Phy speed"

Some good analytical tools in there such as best channel and quite a few other bits of information that Ive not seen provided by other wifi analysers.  Some nice graphs which you can zoom in on.

I haven't tried the advanced (pay for) features, but this appears to be one of the better tools out there.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:22:03 AM »

I tried the speed test on my phone connected by WiFi, and the download speed was about 56 Mbps, compared to the connection speed of 76 Mbps. My WiFi setup is not brilliant, so this probably does reflect the true situation.
  Eric

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 07:05:29 PM »

There's no real way any of these apps can actually determine the "best" channel, and the apps generally will have less data available to them than the automatic channel selection system on an Access Point.

anything