Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How do my Line stats look?  (Read 1111 times)

pcollins

• Just arrived
How do my Line stats look?
« on: December 28, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »

Hi All,

I have had a long on going issue with my line speed and re sync's for that last three months. I have had 15 Engineers out in total which has resulted in 20 meters of cable being replaced to try and resolve the ongoing issue. I have installed DSL stats to monitor my line and wonder if somebody could please give me some feedback on the results. I still don't feel the issue is fully fixed and i am still getting re syncs every morning which is probably the DLM try to do it's job.

I have attached Telnet and Stats data if anyone would like any of the graphs please let me know.

Thanks

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: How do my Line stats look?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

It would be very helpful to have sight of the four snapshot graphs . . . the Bits per Tone, Hlog per Tone, QLN per Tone and SNR per Tone plots. Would you be able to upload them to one of the public sites and then provide a link, please?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

pcollins

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:51:46 PM »

Thanks for the reply

Please see below links to the files requested

https://ufile.io/7ri4q
https://ufile.io/n53l8
https://ufile.io/1kogk
https://ufile.io/anrmo

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »

ECI cabinet with High Interleaving on the downstream.
Despite the Interleaving the line is still suffering from a high amount of ES.

Hlog looks okay to me, with the usual tail end droop seen on ECI lines.

I'll leave the QLN graph for B*cat to comment on as I'm not so comfortable interpreting them.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:29:27 PM »

I'm only looking at three of the four plots, as the bit swaps per tone isn't the bit loading per tone.

As usual, I start by looking at the two plots which tell about the physical infrastructure, the Hlog and QLN.

I see nothing that could be classed as a cause for concern in the Hlog plot. The is a "little bit of a wobble" within the US2 & DS3 bands and, exactly as j0hn has commented, the characteristic "tail end droop" which is typically seen with a circuit connected to an ECI DSLAM.

The QLN plot, likewise, is good. There is very little "pick up" of licensed radio signals, which hints that the AC balance of the circuit is good -- common-mode rejection is working well. The characteristic inverted and reversed saw-tooth notch in the DS1 band is a give-away that there is significant DSPBO applied to all VDSL2 (ITU-T G.993.2) circuits connecting through the PCP. By that observation we can deduce that the length of the metallic-pathway, from the serving telephony exchange to the PCP, is long. Hence any ADSL2+ (ITU-T G.992.1|3|5) signal emanating from the telephony serving exchange is significantly attenuated at the point where the VDSL2 signal is injected into the local-loop. Thus the notch, to attenuate the VDSL2 signals to a power level equal to that of the ADSL2+ signals. There are a couple of very, very, slight "flying gulls" (as Kitz would describe it) in the DS2 & US2 bands and a very weak undulation in the DS3 band. (I'll describe the latter as "one flap of an albatross' wing".) The above avian references are indicators of a small amount of cross-talk. Nothing significant and not any cause for concern.

Both the Hlog and the QLN plots are good. Not perfect but very acceptable. So, in summary, I see nothing of concern with regards to the metallic-pathway.

Finally the SNR per tone plot. Again we see a DSPBO notch in the DS1 band. Otherwise there is nothing much more that I can say . . .

To know the back-story of the circuit and the details of the replaced cable section might give an idea of where to make a more critical inspection but, with what information we have, the circuit is working well. Use it and enjoy it.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything