Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Woosh Test  (Read 6448 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Woosh Test
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:36:55 PM »

Hello .
Kitz I see you printed out a copy of the 'woosh' test in another post, I have asked my ISP to do my line and asked for the results, This was there reply :-   " we are unable to supply you with the details of a completed woosh line check due to contractual obligations with BT."   :(
I that correct ?.

Regards Michael.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: Woosh Test
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »

Either most other ISPs are breaking their "contractual obligations" or your ISP has it very wrong.

I've had woosh results from my ISP as have other people on different ISPs.

I'd say your ISP is just being difficult and fobbing you off, I'm afraid :(
Chris

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 06:59:14 PM »

As chris says..  no reason why they couldnt provide them since the WOOSH test is part of a suite of tools available to all IPStream ISPs.

Dont expect them to provide a screen cap but they should at least be able to tell you the basic results.
One of the reasons they may not be able to supply you with a WOOSH test is if you are on LLU.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:46:21 PM »

Hi. Thanks, I will send them another request via email to another dept ( sent it to technical ), Do I have to say "I think I have problems on my line " before they do it.
Have seen BTW site on it.   http://www.btwholesale.com/application?pageid=editorial_two_column&nodeId=navigation/node/data/Broadband_Community/WOOSH_Overview/navNode_WOOSH_Overview

From Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

madcolster

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 05:20:41 PM »

So would a WHOOSH (great name!) test on my 1 meg capped line show the expected speed under ADSL Max? Or does it just confirm the max speed for your current line?

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:03:55 PM »

No, WOOSH is simply a test that shows your line stats and speed profile. Under MAX it shows your current speed profile, your fault threshold, stable rate, etc...

I don't think it shows expected speed for Max.
Chris

anything