Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Suggestions for FTTP router please  (Read 1759 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Suggestions for FTTP router please
« on: May 29, 2023, 11:53:08 AM »

I am looking at changing my ISP later this year when my contract is up with BT, mainly because I find them expensive for a 150mb connection plus I don't like the Home Hub2. So I'm wondering what would be a good router to use. It is unlikely I will go for a faster connection as what we have serves us well. I still have my Zyxel kit from my FTTC days but I would like to find out what others think is good and reliable with a sensible GUI and good configuration options for the local lan and ideally does not need a second mortgage to buy  :( . IPV6 is needed ideally which of course begs the question which ISP apart from BT supports that  ;), but that's another question for later.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: Suggestions for FTTP router please
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 01:27:34 PM »

Personally I use a separate router and WiFi point. Not the cheapest but due to my ont and cabling all being in the garage there's an ethernet link back to the WiFi point in the house. Opnsense has worked great with Zen and they support ipv6 no problem. I'm off to you fibre tomorrow and provided they are happy to install the same as OR have then my current setup should be fine with their flavour of ipv6. Interested to see if any faster as they use dhcp and not ppoe..

anything