Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

ADSL strange

<< < (2/6) > >>

aesmith:
In my opinion that's nonsense, you need a more competent and helpful ISP.  That's the sort of attitude that made me leave Plusnet.

I don't suppose they gave any explanation for this bit .. "The SNR for your line was set too low for the amount of interference we'd expect to see, ", What amount of interference do the "expect to see"?  Did they give any reason for their view that your line experiences abnormally high interference, and that the fault is not in fact a fault?   I had to send them back it seems like dozens of time to fix a clearly audible buzz on our line, fighting their repeated assertion that this was interference outside their control.  It wasn't, it was a smashed junction box.  As soon as that was fixed I changed ISP.

rongtw:
Oh yes , have told them its no better  :P  in fact 20 mins ago i dropped my connection  >:( but i dont expect any movement till after christmas

ejs:
That's just some boilerplate text they dish out when what they decide to do is increase the target SNRM. It's hardly surprising that if you're complaining about stability and the line tests don't show anything wrong, that what they'll do is increase the target SNRM. If all the BT engineer did was fit a new master socket and faceplate, they I presume they didn't find anything wrong either.

rongtw:
Hi EJS , nice to see you,,  BT engineer could not find anything  :no: :no: Plusnet did no changes until i sent them this capture

ejs:
Have you tried another modem?

That message coming from that device is rather a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version