Chat > Chit Chat

Spider eater

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
Every day this week, my kitten, Pangur Bān, has caught a spider on the ceiling and scoffed it above my bed.

Why is it that some cats love eating insects, spiders and certain creepy-crawlies? I can’t see how they would be good eating. Playing with them perhaps, but a crunchy snack?

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: Weaver on December 20, 2018, 07:28:35 AM ---Every day this week, my kitten, Pangur Bān, has caught a spider on the ceiling and scoffed it above my bed.

--- End quote ---

No two-legged upright can possibly understand the mind of the domestic cat!  :D

What has amused me is how that simple sentence can be interpreted in more than one way --

* The kitten, Pangur Bān, was on the ceiling and whilst he was up there, he caught a spider and ate it.
* A spider, on the ceiling, was caught by the kitten, Pangur Bān, who then ate it.I have not bothered to increase the number of permutations by incorporating the three words "above my bed" into the two interpretations.

Weaver:
I’m in what is a greatly extended black house, it would have originally been thatched is made of six foot thick double stone walls and is only one and a half storeys high effectively. The ceiling comes right down at an angle to my head when I am in bed. I have never bumped my head when getting in or out of bed but my wife may have once, I forget.

Pangur Bān raises himself up on anything that he can find, to gain another couple of inches of height. Sitting on my chest or arm is fine with him. This allows him to get nearer to the latest spider. He stands on two legs and seizes the biastag, or damhan-allaidh. I have been wondering for twenty years why a spider is a ‘fierce little stag’.

kitz:
I did wonder.   I had visitations of a cat walking on the ceiling  :D

We used to do spider cat with one of my kittehs..   

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFaRPomFj0[/youtube]

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: kitz on December 22, 2018, 06:36:50 PM ---We used to do spider cat with one of my kittehs..   

--- End quote ---

You were actually allowed to do it? Without any resultant blood-letting?  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version