Broadband Related > ISPs

New ISP for second line

(1/4) > >>

Chunkers:
I have 2 ADSL lines at my house, currently one on Zen and one on Plusnet.

I got a good 18 months deal from Plusnet when I signed up but this has now expired so I am paying £35/month :silly: for ADSL2 and line rental - time to look around. My starting point is to try Zen and PlusNet as they have both been decent but as I am no longer a new customer I suspect I won't get a great deal from either.  I also need a fixed IP on the line and not all ISP's will offer that.

Anyone have any good recent experiences with getting 18 month deals on broadband and line rental?

I notice Sky are offering good deals on comparison websites - do they offer fixed IP and are they still forcing people to use their modems / routers?

:cool: :fingers:

Chunks

dee.jay:
You could only get a static IP with Sky, at least with FTTC, if you had the Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro package. I do not believe you can order it anymore.

I have a single static IP with them through having that package, had it 6.5 years now!

Your other option is a "prosumer" ISP like AAISP, but they'll blow your budget. I don't know what cheap ISP's offer static IP's, I'm afraid.

chenks:
well Origin did offer static IP when i asked them at the time (that was a couple of years ago).
no idea if they still offer that, but Origin look like they are on a very shoogly peg so best to avoid them anyway.

looking at your use case you really aren't the classic "home user", so it's unlikely you're going to get what you want from those suppliers/packages.

Chunkers:

--- Quote from: dee.jay on December 05, 2018, 08:40:23 AM ---You could only get a static IP with Sky, at least with FTTC, if you had the Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro package. I do not believe you can order it anymore.

I have a single static IP with them through having that package, had it 6.5 years now!

Your other option is a "prosumer" ISP like AAISP, but they'll blow your budget. I don't know what cheap ISP's offer static IP's, I'm afraid.

--- End quote ---

No worries, thanks for the reply, I think I'll avoid Sky.  I know you can get fixed IP from BT, Zen and PlusNet so I'll start there

C

chenks:
are the two lines for redundancy?
if yes then surely you wouldn't want both to be on the same ISP?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version