Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

More problems with two other modems / lines

(1/9) > >>

Weaver:
I do seem to have angered the ZyXEL and gods. My delight at seeing yet another all time downstream speed record of 3.26 Mbps for the line #1 modem, with all modems over 3 Mbps downstream has offended the dark deities.

The modem #1 has gone into the weird state that I experienced ages ago, where it works, talks to the internet but the admin webserver doesn’t work any more. I rebooted it with a reboot command at the CLI and even that did not restore the functioning of the admin web server. So I have asked Mrs Weaver to switch it off and it is being left off for a while.

Meanwhile, this morning, line #4 downstream SNRM zoomed quickly down to -4 dB and it resynched. The d/s noise level has gone up such a lot that when it came back up it had lost just over 550 kbps in d/s sync rate. So the DSL copper gods have been offended too. So that modem is now turned off too, having a long rest as well.

burakkucat:
 :'(

Weaver:
This morning, the VMG 1312-B10A that was in use on line 4 became really unstable, dropping the link, noise readings reportedly went up, d/s sync speed dropped down to 2Mbps v approx. After leaving it switched off for a long while, turned it back on and things git much worse, resynching often, d/s sync speed then down to ~1.1Mbps. This evening, put a DLink in in place on line 4, service restored, sync rate up to 2.8 / 0.55 Mbps, downstream SNRM 3.4 Mbps. I have not got round to flashing and configuring a replacement B10Aye5, but I have several spares lined up. So an exact repeat performance of what happened a couple of weeks ago with this particular individual B10A. It has been sentenced to death.

Weaver:
even though I've swapped out the modem, the replacement modem on line 4 is now (I think) not in sync having lost the connection at 20:22 on wed evening, and it has remained down, never reconnected for some reason. I did a BT copper line test, no problems and I'm stuck now. Next thing is to power-cycle the modem.

Weaver:
Engineer came out to line 4 on Monday. Fixed it up on Tuesday morning.

Managed to break line 3 the moment he arrived! Bit of a coincidence that it failed the exact time he turned up. Another engineer coming on Fri to mend line 3 now. Told AA this.

--- Quote ---intermittent DeltaR / Autoprotective PQT test performed at NTE back plate. The test passed with resistance within permissible range for broadband on 04/12/2018.TDR completed. PQT performed at NTE backplate. The test failed on 04/12/2018.No noise, misrouted / crossed lines or left in FTTC jumpers in PCP on the line identified. Fault located in the D side underground network. Base module checks completed. Resolved issue in joint. Network module completed as amber parameters were identified. Engineer checked the pair quality on D-side. D-side underground network upgraded. No change in the broadband Stability / speed / sync, despite improving the PQT parameters. NTE not replaced. Final PQT performed at the NTE back plate. The test passed with amber parameters on 04/12/2018.Final FastTest completed. The test passed on 04/12/2018
--- End quote ---

I found a reference to ‘delta-R’ in another Kitz thread. I’m thinking this means resistance measurements made but with two tests, injecting two different voltages ? Is that right? In case too much injected test voltage is providing wetting current for a junction? Test-injected voltage fixing the problem? I’m just guessing.

It’s not true the bit about speed sync stability improved as line 4 is fine now, speed back up to what it should be roughly and it is stable.

I’m trying to remember. I don’t think this is the only time OR has come out to fix one line and broken another one :-( No compensation for me and AA for the cost, loss of service and the hassle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version