Computers & Hardware > Apple Related

FaceTime Sound.

(1/4) > >>

tickmike:
My wife and I are finding it harder to hear our daughter on FaceTime on my old iphone4, especially when the log fire is crackling, is there any way to boost it ?.

I was going to have an new Samsung tablet for Xmas but thinking about an 'ipad WiFi' now just to use facetime.  :o

Are ipads sound much louder than iphones.
I am not an Apple fan but when needs must.

chenks:
well if you use facetime then a samsung tablet is out, as facetime is only available on apple devices.
one solution is to simply move further away from the log fire? make sure your volume is up full and that at their end they aren't too far away from the microphone.

Weaver:
The sound on iPad Pro is better than on the normal iPad, could be louder because there are more speakers in the Pro. My wife’s iPhone SE is very loud indeed, incredibly loud in fact, under certain conditions. So I’m not sure about the differences between sound on an iPhone versus on an iPad,

I don’t suppose there is a possibility that it is to do with either the mic at other sending end or with FaceTime’s volume setting itself compared the volume level set in other apps or situations? Worth testing out the mic at the other end by recording some sound. Also check the sound level generally by generating some sound, maybe playing some recorded sound.

The mic on my iPad Pro v1 just went bad (crackly sound or no sound) so I got a free replacement machine from Apple.

sevenlayermuddle:
I wouldn’t pin your hopes on an iPad a huge improvement. Unless you want an iPad for other reasons too,  it’s an expensive mistake if it turns out to not help.

What about trying a cheap bluetooth speaker, a lot cheaper than an iPad you don’t want?    I think that you can then configure the iPhone to route facetime audio through the speakers.   But I don’t have such a configuration to play with, so can’t be certain.... do your own research before parting with any significant cash.

Weaver:
Definitely, the Bluetooth speaker route is the way to go, provided it is not also a mic-related problem. As I said earlier, an iPad may well not have better sound than an iPhone. If you could try an iPad Pro and ordinary iPad, in a shop, or borrow one, then at least you might get an idea. The results I get though from comparing an iPad 5, iPad 6 and iPad Pro v1 with an iPhone SE are not that encouraging. The improved sound is one of the reasons why I got an iPad Pro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version