Computer Software > Windows 7

Strange happening on my W7 system today

<< < (8/8)

parkdale:
In the past couple of months, I have Built and upgraded 2 PC's, Both are windows 10 pro and were activated with Windows 7 pro OEM keys... I bought for £10.
I think MS is just trying to get rid of all Windows 7/8/8.1 pc's out there, so are still ok with trading Old Win 7 keys for new.
My own Win 8.1 retail key was upgraded to Win 10 pro and they gave me a new retail version :)

pxr5:

--- Quote from: parkdale on November 22, 2018, 09:41:42 PM ---In the past couple of months, I have Built and upgraded 2 PC's, Both are windows 10 pro and were activated with Windows 7 pro OEM keys... I bought for £10.
I think MS is just trying to get rid of all Windows 7/8/8.1 pc's out there, so are still ok with trading Old Win 7 keys for new.
My own Win 8.1 retail key was upgraded to Win 10 pro and they gave me a new retail version :)

--- End quote ---

That's useful for me, thanks. My son is building his own PC and was about to purchase a Win 10 licence. However I've got an unused Win 7 retail that I can give him to activate 10? This is news to me as I thought the WIn7 ->10 was all done now.

broadstairs:
All this is very interesting for some however I will never update from W7 for what this pc is used for it buys me absolutely nothing. My next move will be to Linux when I can solve moving one last program over.

Stuart

chenks:

--- Quote from: broadstairs on November 23, 2018, 08:50:03 AM ---All this is very interesting for some however I will never update from W7 for what this pc is used for it buys me absolutely nothing.

--- End quote ---

regardless, you should still keep it up to date in terms of windows updates and security updates.
you have this system connected to the internet.

Ronski:

--- Quote from: pxr5 on November 23, 2018, 08:38:41 AM ---This is news to me as I thought the WIn7 ->10 was all done now.

--- End quote ---

You can use Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 to activate the same version of Windows 10, have been able to for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version