Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: M$ Worry About Vista Sales  (Read 4519 times)

dave.m

• Kitizen
M$ Worry About Vista Sales
« on: May 29, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »

Posted this here instead of the Vista forum because it is really about XP owners who are waiting for the next Windows version and wanting to bypass Vista (for some reason)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/

It would seem that lots of business users are not going to get Vista, for different reasons, and are waiting for Windows 7 to come out in about 2010.

Watch the video and then think how short your finger nails are going to have to be to prevent scratching the screen.
Will stick with wet-wipes to clean the screen and use the keyboard and mouse for now.
Looked very clever and possibly more useful than the aero windows on Vista.

dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: M$ Worry About Vista Sales
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »

2010 ...  hmm...   how long was vista in development for and overdue by?

/cynic
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »

I still get the MS Partner emails. The last one was about MS "financing" which is a new one on me. Desperation is a kind way of putting it and I fondly remember Jack Schofield (Guardian hack) calling me a "troll" when I told him business wouldn't touch Vista a full year ago :lol:

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »

lol... I saw the financing newsletter - not a direction I expected to see MS go in!

Paying Microsoft is bad enough.. but actually owing money to their finance department?? The thought of that rubs me up the wrong way!!
Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »

No no no. Its worse. Think about owing MS money for stuff for years that still doesn't work when you've paid it off.

Priceless.

No business with any clue will touch Vista until Win2k8 gets the first service pack - which will be about 2010 I reckon? ;)

Vista offers nothing to any business right now other than increased operating/training costs. UAC (the only worthwhile thing in Vista) is pointless in a Windows "domain" environment anyway.

J.Man

• Reg Member
  • When PC's couldnt get any worse there came Vista
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »

Hmm anychance I can downgrade back to XP ??  :(

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »

Hmm anychance I can downgrade back to XP ??  :(

Don't you mean upgrade back to XP?
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

Think about owing MS money for stuff for years that still doesn't work when you've paid it off.

Now if there was a compensation whereby you could claim, let's say $1, for every time windows crashes... MS would either have long since gone bankrupt, or actually have started producing solid reliable software.  If the Linux developers can do it then... I think you get my drift.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »

From : http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/10/vista-bad-steals

Cut'n'pasted since its short -

Vista's so bad no one steals it

Windows XP on the other hand...

By Egan Orion: Tuesday, 10 June 2008, 11:40 AM

MICROSOFT sued a bunch of resellers for flogging copies of software they didn't pay it for, the Vole said Tuesday.

The company said it filed lawsuits against 21 resellers in 14 states. The lawsuits allege that defendants sold copies of Windows XP and Microsoft Office that didn't have unique product keys.

Some unauthorised copies were caught by the company's "Genuine Advantage" online copy authentication schemes. Other software licencing violations were said to have been reported to the Vole's snitch line.

Most of the allegedly stolen copies were consumer versions. Only two of the lawsuits claimed that corporate versions of software products were nicked.

None of the resellers were accused of having stolen copies of Windows Vista. µ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »

None of the resellers were accused of having stolen copies of Windows Vista.

Quite... MS were probably glad to be able to count them towards the official Vista sales totals!! :lol:
Chris