Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Some expert advice please

(1/3) > >>

Rumik:
Hi everyone,

I’m a PlusNet Unlimted Fibre Extra customer and I’m looking for a replacement solution to the provided router as it’s... well... you know.

I have an Asus RT-AC87U router that I was very happy with my previous supplier, but obviously it doesn’t have a built-in modem. So I’m looking for a PlusNet Fibre compatable modem. I’ve seen the Openreach modem recommended in the PlusNet forums but thought I’d reach out here to see what people think. Looking to spend as little as possible really, hence not just buying a combined modem/router :)

Thanks!

Ronski:
Welcome to the forums.

If you want as cheap possible then a Huawei HG612 will probably be the cheapest option, just hook it up to the WAN port of your Asus

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132845017209

Rumik:
That was easy! Thanks :)

Ronski:
And that was an extremely quick reply.

The one I linked to is unlocked so you will be able to get stats.

There are other options for modems that may give better sync speeds, but not sure on the cost or model numbers, I'm sure someone else will post.

Jon21:
Zyxel VMG1312-B10A is another option, if you can find one for a reasonable price on ebay. Would then just put it in bridge mode.

Edit: Having just looked on ebay, there’s only one on there that’s an ok price, the one in France. They do pop up occasionally from the UK at sensible prices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version