Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mister Nduka from Nigeria  (Read 2526 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Mister Nduka from Nigeria
« on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »

I actually got an example of this legendary classic email cliché last week. I didn’t know anyone was still bothering to do the Nigerian scam thing still. Since it’s so famous, and has been for many many years, why don’t the fools try to vary it a bit?

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Mister Nduka from Nigeria
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »

I suppose the thing is, even if the odds are a million to one against being taken in, you can send 100 million emails/faxes whatever, and expect to find 100 lucrative suckers.

Long time ago I was listening to a BBC local radio prog, at lunchtime.   It was a consumer show, and the presenter called some number in Nigeria, live on air,  to “confront” such a scammer.   The phone was answered by a human individual who stood his ground, insisting it was not a scam.  He did not cave in at all in the face of BBC’s call, insisting that he really did have an ill gotten family fortune to share.    ::)

He was so insistent in his lies that I had to assume BBC’s call was not the only response he’d had, and many of the others may well have been suckered. :(