Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lungworm  (Read 769 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Lungworm
« on: November 04, 2018, 06:58:23 AM »

Janet is going to buy some lungworm medicine for Caoimhe, my sneezy wheezy oriental. She is husking coughing and nose is running all the time, has been like this for a long while since her sudden critical illness. Janet read something about symptoms that seem to match those of this poor cat and thought lungworm might just possibly be the cause. Anyone had any experience with it?

My family are all farmers and used to dose animals against lungworm iirc.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Lungworm
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »

tbh not heard of it in cats before.

Though having just checked it's covered by Milbemax which my vets gave to Zoe when she went for her annual check-up 2 weeks ago.   Because the vet gives it her at the same time as her vaccination its only about £2 but I believe it is prescription only.   

I should rephrase 'gave it' as to shoved it down her throat whilst I held her and she still managed to spit it out twice before swallowing.   
She laid on the table as good as gold whilst she got her 2 vaccinations and didn't even flinch nvm move, but trying to give her a tablet is a different ball game and why I always get them to do it after she's had her jabs.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Lungworm
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:09:52 PM »

Even though Caoimhe doesn’t go out much, and doesn’t seem to do any hunting these days, as she’s either asleep on my shoulder in my bed all day, or in her cardboard box with pals in the evening, roasting in front of the wood-burning stove, she does eat the odd mouse which Buidheag or someone brings in for her. Buidheag does indeed have (ordinary) intestinal worms, so all of the cats are being treated at the moment with the stuff that goes on the back of their necks. Beileag and Tom are the last ones to be done.

anything