Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wildcats  (Read 849 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Wildcats
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Wildcats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »

I watched this last night, and thoroughly enjoyed. :)

Beautifully shot, and with interesting interviews, the only thing that let it down was a very annoying and factually nonsensical voiceover/naration.

The voiceover was in a Scottish accent, but I suspect it was scripted for a foreign audience (USA, perhaps?).   Example gafs were:

1) Referring to Soctland as a "small country".  I know that's how a lot of foreigners perceive it, but actually it's second biggest in the UK, and almost the size of Portugal. ::)
2) Referring to "Scotland's uniqueness within the natural realm of the four countries of the British Isles".  He probably meant "UK", because there were five countries in the British Isles last time I counted.   :D

Maybe I was a bit pedantic in these points, but I subsequently found myself being highly sceptical of all other "facts" relating the wildcats, presented by the voiceover, as I was not in a position to verify.

On balance though, do watch it, lovely camera work.  The voiceover might not annoy everybody and if it does, there's always the mute button.  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:41:18 AM by sevenlayermuddle »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Wildcats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »

When I saw this post the other day as I no longer have Netflix I thought I wouldn't be able to watch it :/

BUT, I've just noticed its also available for free on Amazon Prime

Tigers of Scotland

I see that The Lion In Your Living Room has also been added to Prime free to watch.

Added both to my watch list :)

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker